We are very happy that we finished the process for our organic (BIO) certification!We’ve cooked bio before, but are entitled to refer to it as BIO now!
Which is why we serve healthy and balanced diets to our young guests at Schloss Leizen. Last week we went a level higher and finally got our official certification as an ORGANIC FOOD provider. We can now openly announce that almost all of our suppliers are organic certified (mostly German regional) companies. The two major exceptions are our long-term local partners that deliver excellent quality milk Van der Ham (from the nearby village Bollewick) and fish Die Müritzfischer (from Waren an der Müritz).
Kids in Leizen always love to know what is going on with the Schloss. Check out how they test the recipe forORGANIC COOKIES to be handed out to the participants of the Association of German International Schools (AGIS) Conference taking place in Hannover this coming weekend. Schloss Leizen prides to be a sponsor and will be presenting its residential class trips and holiday camps this coming week-end.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
300g organic spelt flour
200g organic cold butter
100g organic raw cane sugar
1 organic egg, size L
1 pinch of Vanilla powder
Peel of ½ organic lemon
To gain a fruity taste, we use 6 teaspoons of either: raspberry powder, mango powder, blueberry powder & strawberry powder.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT COOKIES!
1. Mix the spelt flour with vanilla and the relevant fruit powders.
2. Transfer this mixture to a work surface and form a well (hole) in the middle.
3. Cut cold butter into cubes and place them into the well. Also add the sugar, lemon zest and the egg.
4. Quickly, knead everything into a dough, cover it with cling film, and let it rest in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
5. Finally, form the dough into desired shapes. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 400°.