Kids in Leizen always love to know what is going on with the Schloss. Check out how they test the recipe for ORGANIC COOKIES to be handed out to the participants of the Association of German International Schools (AGIS) Conference taking place in Hannover this coming weekend. Schloss Leizen prides to be a sponsor and will be presenting its residential class trips and holiday camps this coming week-end.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
300g organic spelt flour
200g organic cold butter
100g organic raw cane sugar
1 organic egg, size L
1 pinch of Vanilla powder
Peel of ½ organic lemon
To gain a fruity taste, we use 6 teaspoons of either: raspberry powder, mango powder, blueberry powder & strawberry powder.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT COOKIES!
1. Mix the spelt flour with vanilla and the relevant fruit powders.
2. Transfer this mixture to a work surface and form a well (hole) in the middle.
3. Cut cold butter into cubes and place them into the well. Also add the sugar, lemon zest and the egg.
4. Quickly, knead everything into a dough, cover it with cling film, and let it rest in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
5. Finally, form the dough into desired shapes. Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 400°.